Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 1, 2010

I am a little behind in writing this one. Addyson had another treatment on Monday February 1st. We met with Dr. Jarvis and had another IV treatment. The nurses had some trouble getting a good vein. So after talking with Dr. Jarvis and some other parents with sick children, we have decided to put a port in Addyson. She will have the surgery on Feb. 15, 2010. I knows its a easy procedure but I have to admit it scares Matt and I to put her under. But i know its the best idea for her. Matt took her to the dentist yesterday and the minute she saw the nurse she started crying and crawling up in his lap. She is terrified of Doctors and nurses now. Which I don't blame her. She doesn't understand what is going on.

Also for the past three times we have taken Addyson to Gymnastics. She has quit 20 minutes into the hour long session. Then she usually comes home and take a nap. The disease seems to be taking a toll on Addyson regarding her muscles. We push her around the mall in a stroller and she just doesn't seem to be as active as she use to be. I know its the steroids but she is extremely emotional. She will be laughing one minute and crying and throwing a fit the next. And any one who knew Addyson before, knows Addyson was a very sweet and quiet little girl.

Dr. Pachman in Chicago will call us tomorrow evening regarding Addyson blood work and test that she took up in Chicago. She will tell us the plan of Treatment for Addyson. Hopefully it will help Addyson get to Remission.

I can't thank my family and friends enough for all the help and support they have given Matt and I during this difficult time. My Keller Williams family have been amazing and I am so proud to work for Keller Williams. And my mom for watching Kyler and Kaylee, during Addyson's treatments and trips to Chicago! Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment